Is basic auto insurance enough?

Auto insurance is required in some form or other by most states, and Michigan is no exception. Basic insurance is the minimum amount you are allowed to carry by the laws of the state. This type of insurance is right for some people but not for everyone. That is why it is important to have an insurance agent who knows you and knows what type of insurance makes sense for you. At CG Insurance Agency LLC in Williamston, MI, we are an independent agency that makes it our business to get to know our customers and provide them the highest possible service.

If you registered a vehicle in the state, it needs to have Michigan no-fault insurance. Out of state insurance is not acceptable. In Michigan, you are required to carry PIP (Personal Injury Protection), PPI (Property Protection Insurance), BI (Bodily Injury), and PD (Property Damage). If this all sounds confusing, you are not alone.

PIP will pay for your medical bills and lost time at work if you are in a serious car accident, no matter who is at fault. PPI is coverage for property you might damage, such as a building or a parked car. BI pays for serious injuries to someone else, and the law says you must carry $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident. PD is damage you cause to another vehicle in an accident, and that amount is $10,000.

These dollar amounts are the minimum to keep you in compliance with the law. They may not be the right amounts for you in your financial situation. This is something to discuss with your insurance agent.

When you need to talk to an insurance agent about your auto insurance or any other insurance needs you may have, CG Insurance Agency LLC in Williamston, MI will be here for you. Give our office a call or stop by to get a no-obligation quote.