Home Insurance in Michigan
Homeowners insurance can be tricky. Unlike other states, Michigan does not demand by law that you must obtain homeowner’s insurance. However, in Williamston, MI many mortgage companies may require you to include homeowner’s insurance before they will work with you. In Hindsight it seems purchasing homeowner's insurance seems like the best route. Remember, accidents happen when you least expect them.
To purchase homeowner’s insurance, certain requirements are needed. One must be an owner or tenant of:
- A house
- Condominium unit
- Cooperative unit
- Multiple units (four limits)
Even if you adhere to these requirements, you can get denied because of certain stipulations such as:
- They find a property to be an associate with illegal activity.
- You have been found guilty of arson in the last 5 years.
- Property value does not meet the policy amount you requested.
- Evidence of fraud is found.
- Property taxes on the said property have not been paid in 2 years or longer.
- You had a previous homeowner's insurance policy canceled because of non-payment.
In the likely hood, you are denied by law regulations we at CG Insurance Agency can aid your claim with the MBPIA or Michigan basic Property Insurance Association.
Types of Policies
Michigan hosts two types of policies Replacement and Repair policies.
- Replacement policy - This is based on the cost to repair and replace damages using the same materials property was initially constructed with.
- Repair Policy - This is the same thing except for alternative repair materials that may be used.
Benefits of Choosing Us
At CG Insurance Agency we are one of you, with an added passion to serve our community of Williamston, MI. Insurance policies can be stressful. That is why we are here, to aid in helping you understand and protect you with the best insurance Michigan offers. Connect with us today to get paired with a personal agent to get started.